At Conflux, we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website, www.confluxnetwork.org (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Foundation or any third party, including our members.
- Any third party (including our members, including through any application or content such as advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information we collect about you and how we collect it
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information").
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your internet protocol address.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include: ering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash cookies. Certain features of our Website may use locally stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
We do not control these third parties&apos tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
We will use the information you give to us:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you We will use this information:
- To administer our sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
Information we receive from other sources
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site.
- E-commerce providers such as payment solution providers to assist us in the processing of your online purchases, donations, and other payments.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In order to complete third-party financial, technical and legal audits of our operations as part of that review.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Conflux, our customers, or others.
How we respond to “do not track” signals
We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable you to opt out of tracking on our Website.
Our servers and our service providers may be located in the United States, or other countries. Because of this, your personal information may be available to the U.S., or other governments or their agencies under a lawful order made in that country. The laws of those countries may be less strict regarding your personal information than the laws where you live.